71st Annual Conference - "Urban and Rural: Tying the Partnership Together"
November 16-19, 2016
* Draft agenda coming soon!
* FREE Day of Training - Wednesday, November 16th.
* Tours - Wednesday, November 16th: 1pm-4pm ($25 each)
* Friday Night Dinner: Friday, November 18th, 6:00pm ($30)
- Burrtec Recycling Center: Attendees will have the opportunity to view the innovative materials recovery facility operated by sustainability-focused Burrtec Waste Management. Examples include processing of food waste which is coveted to mulch and provided to residents and businesses; and sorting of materials ranging from greenwaste to recyclables to tires to process for re-use, to assist Burrtec in helping customers meet >75% recycling goal by 2020. Transportation, lunch and tour included in price.
- Wine Tasting: Join Cucamonga Valley Water District Board Member James Curatalo in touring two local wineries that incorporate green business practices into daily operations. Mr. Curatalo will give background on wineries, local water capture, use and conservation, and will narrate tastings for attendees at both facilities. The tour includes transportation and tastings at both wineries.
- A "Farm-to-Table" dinner at Huerta Del Valle, an organic community farm and education resource center. Come and enjoy locally prepared Mexican cuisine under the stars, listen to local live music and meet the garden manager, a graduate of the Claremont colleges whose innovative vision has resulted in partnerships/benefits for the community with NRCS, IERCD, and the City of Ontario.
Registration Information: Early Registration prices good through 9/4