71st Annual Conference - "Urban and Rural: Tying the Partnership Together"
November 16-19, 2016
Thank You to our Sponsors!
Best Best and Krieger Center for Land Based Learning Coastal Conservancy
Conservation Strategy Group Dudek Farm Credit
Golden State Risk Management Authority Recon Environmental, Inc.
Santa Clara Open Space Authority Sierra Nevada Conservancy
Special District Risk Management Authority The Nature Conservancy
University of California Davis College of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences
Presentations featured from the Agenda:
Wednesday "Day of Training"
Track 1: Working in Rural and Working Lands to Benefit the Urban Centers
Track 2: Urban Conservation: Cutting Edge Projects that Build Natural Benefits in Urban Areas
- Carbon Farming with Resource Conservation Districts: A Growing Partnership to Mitigate Climate Change - Pelayo Alvarez, Carbon Cycle Institute
- Facilitation and Assistance through California’s Soil Health Network - Jeff Borum, East Stanislaus RCD
- Farming Beyond Sustainability: Building Soil to Reverse Climate Change and Restore Ecosystem Services - Finian MakePeace, Kiss the Ground
- Farming on the Urban Edge: State Climate Change Efforts to Protect Farmland from Sprawl Development - Jeanne Merrill, California Climate and Agriculture Network
- Farming on the Urban Edge: State Climate Change Efforts to Protect Farmland from Sprawl Development - Kathryn Lyddan, Brentwood Agricultural Land Trust
- Partnering with Open Space Districts to Reach Private Lands - Kathleen Dickey, San Mateo RCD
- Pollinator Partnerships - Ann Baldridge, RCD of Greater San Diego County & Pat Flanagan, Butterfly Farms
- Rural-Urban Collaboration: Investing in and Benefiting from Agricultural Adaptation and Mitigation - Sara Kroopf, Environmental Defense Fund
- Rural Urban Tensions and the Historical Precedence - Rose Hayden-Smith, Editor UC Food Observer & Rachel Surls, UC Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Strengthening Urban and Agricultural Partnerships - Virginia Jameson, American Farmland Trust
- The Power of Procurement - Joann Lo, Center for Good Food Purchasing
Track 3: Behind the Curtain: The Hard Work that Makes the Conservation Magic Happen